Catalyst Financial Limited (FSP745811) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) regulated by the Financial Markets Authority. Catalyst Financial Limited is authorised under the licence of Opes Group Holding Company Limited (FSP774012) to provide financial advice.
To contact us: Call: 0800 676 737Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWrite to: Level 2, 236 High Street, Christchurch 8011.
Nature and scope of the advice
Our advisers provide financial advice about mortgages provided by the following product providers:
- Avanti Finance
- Bank of China New Zealand Limited
- Basecorp Finance
- Bluestone Mortgages
- Cressida Capital
- DBR Property Financiers
- First Mortgage Trust
- Funding Partners
- Heartland Bank
- Lock Finance
- NZCU Baywide
- Pepper Money
- Plus Finance
- SBS Bank
- Southern Cross
- The Cooperative Bank
Fees or expenses
We will not charge you any fees or other amounts for the financial advice we provide to you.
Of course, if you do choose to take out a mortgage, you will need to pay the lender, along with the other costs associated with gettingmortgage, like legal fees and insurance.
If you repay or refinance any loan within a specified time period, we may have to make a payment to the product provider to reimburse them some of the commission they have paid us. If this occurs, we will invoice you for the same amount. We will give you more information about this and the relevant time periods that apply once we have an understanding of your needs.
Conflicts of interest and commissions
If you decide to take out a loan through us, Catalyst Financial Limited will receive a commission from the lender that you choose. The amount of this commission is dependent on the lender and the amount of your loan. This commission is paid to us upon settlement of your loan.
Your adviser is remunerated through wages paid by Catalyst Financial Limited, and also partially through the commissions that they help generate. Advisers receive a set percentage of the commission Catalyst Financial Limited receives as a result of the advice they give.
We will provide more details about our commissions once we have talked to you and understand your financial needs.
As well our mortgage advice business, our shareholders also have interests in the following other property related businesses: A property management business (Venture Property Management Limited)
- A property accounting business (Momentum Property Limited)
- A real estate business (Opes Real Estate Limited)
- A property coaching business (Opes Partners New Zealand Limited)
- An investment magazine – Juno (Opes Media Limited)
We may refer you to these companies as part of our recommendations – if you are getting a mortgage, often you need help with some of these property services that our related companies can offer. However, Catalyst Financial will not receive any referral fee or commission if you do decide to use their services. Though of course, whether you choose to use one of these companies is entirely your choice.
During our discussions, we may also refer you to another financial adviser that specialises in insurance. Catalyst Financial Limited is eligible to receive a referral fee should you decide to take up their service. Further details of this referral fee will be provided to you once we have made the referral.
Some product providers may provide our company and advisers with certain non-monetary benefits that support our business, such as subsidised training for our advisers. These benefits may also include bottles of wine during Christmas, tickets to sponsored events, or the occasional meal.
How do we manage conflicts of interest?
To ensure our advisers prioritise our clients’ interests :
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on clients’ goals and circumstances.
- All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
- We maintain registers of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.
- We do not receive any commission or referral fee if you do decide to use the services of one of our related companies;
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review by Strategi.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: 0800 676 737
Write to: Level 2, 236 High Street, Christchurch 8011
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL). FSCL provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to resolve your complaint.
To contact FSCL:
Catalyst Financial and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests;
- exercise care, diligence, and skill;
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services.